Panoramic Hike – Seven bulls Jeti-Oguz, Kyrgyzstan
The Seven Bulls is actually a natural rock formation (sheer cliffs) formed of Tertiary red conglomerates and is a part of the Jeti-Ögüz Canyon that was established in 1975 to conserve this distinct geological formation. These rocks are located in Jeti-Ögüz village in the Issyk-Kul Province of Kyrgyzstan and are only 5 kilometers from the town of Karakol.The area also contains another rock formation named Broken Heart and a small waterfall within 250 meters from the Seven Bulls. A part of the Jeti-Ögüz Rocks is formed by the Seven Bulls and another by the Broken Heart that has occupied its place in various poems, films, and stories. Among notable places to visit in this area are the Jeti-Ögüz Sanatorium, Dragon gorge, and the village located below the canyon.
Category: Geological rock formation
Address: Jeti-Oguz village, Kyrgyzstan
Postal Code: unknown
The time you can spend here
You can spend 3 to 4 hours to see the naturally formed rocks.
Sunday: 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Monday: 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Tuesday: 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Wednesday: 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Thursday: 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Friday: 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Saturday: 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
This is a popular time when visitors travel to Seven Bulls but it is open at all times.
Things You Must See
- Seven Bulls Rock formation
- Broken Heart
- Dragon gorge
How to reach
Travelers can book emirates airlines reservations to reach Manas International Airport. Then, you can get an or taxi to reach the destination.
By taxi or cab
One hour drive from Karakol Town to Seven Bulls via the Jeti-Oguz village costs 600 to 1000 OSM and the distance is around 25 kilometers.
Local bus from Karakol town to Jeti-Ögüz takes only 50 OSM that takes 30 minutes to cover 5 kilometers.
Tips for visitors
- The Broken Heart is 15 to 29 minutes away from the Seven Bulls and the road is in good condition.
- Visit the Sanatorium to take a refreshing hot bath.
- Try reaching a little before the sun sets; the view from the rock formation is amazing.
- Winters are beautiful as the snowfall gives a picturesque view; most people visit during summer.
- Do not miss visiting the bee farm under the gorge; the honey products are 100% natural and cheap.
- The local waterfall is beautiful to visit and is located only a few minute’s walk from the Seven Bulls.
- The Seven Hills is a good place for hiking so take appropriate tools if you plan a visit.
- Locals often offer horse rides but avoid it as it is dangerous for someone not knowing horse riding.
Attraction Write Up
The place is covered with Jeti-Ögüz Canyon forests and waterfalls and provides a picturesque spot for hikers and tourists. The village located below is mostly inhabited by the shepherds and yurts and is also famous for bee breeding space. The honey products sold are 100% authentic and cheap thus attracting plenty of visitors. There is no best month to visit the canyon as it offers unique views in Winters and Summers alike. In winter, snow covers the area and makes the area look no less than a fairyland with massive grazing ground in front of it. In Summers, the canyon looks like a hand-drawn beautiful landscape. In extreme Summers, however, the weather is not too suitable for hiking or roaming in the open. The Seven Bulls and its adjacent areas are worth a visit at least once a lifetime. So, don’t wait and book turkish airlines reservations at the nearest Manas International Airport. Book now and go a for a perfect hike today!